Mission And Disaster Reduction Profile
International Council for Research and Innovation in Building
View full Profile in PreventionWeb
Activities in the Campaign
- CIB shares and exchanges information, knowledge, expertise and cooperation regarding policies that includes disaster risk reduction.
- CIB will collaborate on planning and implementation of joint programs including organizing training courses, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- CIB will participate and contribute to relevant international campaigns and initiatives including the “Making Cities Resilient” campaign.
- Web-based seminars will be carried out with the objective of sharing knowledge and expertise of CIB members in the area of disaster resilience together with UN-ISDR and the cities that are involved in the ‘Making Cities Resilient Campaign’.
- A joint CIB and UN-ISDR Roadmap publication is sought to identify key research and development needs in the area of urbanization and disaster resilience.