Mission And Disaster Reduction Profile
Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction
The Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR) is the largest international network of organisations committed to working together to improve the lives of people affected by disasters world-wide.
Activities in the Campaign
View full Profile in PreventionWeb
- The Global Network supports the Making Cities Resilient Campaign in a variety of ways including.
- GNDR secretariat supports and commits to the campaign to the full membership.
- Encourages participation in the campaign and advocates for building mutually beneficial partnerships between local government and civil society organisations.
- Develops memberships inputs through sharing of local experience, expertise and capacities in the design, management and implementation of urban disaster risk reduction projects.
- Supports in developing better tools and methodologies for urban risk reduction.
- Facilitates membership inputs to “Expert Panels” and consultation groups.
- Encourages greater involvement of local practitioners in relevant regional and international policy forums, seminars, conference and workshops.