Over the years, more than 800 cities around the world have used the tools of the Making Cities Resilient Campaign to support the development of disaster risk reduction and resilience strategy.
This page highlights some of the reflections as well as good experience of these cities.
Please share your stories with us at email@example.com.
- Facing risk and uncertainty in Dire Dawa, Ethiopia (June 2019)
- Rainy season blues in Yaoundé VI, Cameroon (July 2019)
- Garnering political commitment in Praia, Cape Verde (July 2019)
- From managing disaster to prevention - Kisumu, Kenya (July 2019)
- Changing mindsets in Kampala, Uganda (July 2019)
Americas and the Caribbean
- Education the way forward for Guayaquil, Ecuador (June 2019)
- New mayor, new plan – San Juan de Lurigancho, Lima (July 2019)
- A race against time – Tegucigalpa, Honduras (July 2019)
- Resilient megaprojects – Ismailia, Egypt (July 2019)
- Joining the dots at all levels – Nouakchott, Mauritania (July 2019)
- When multiple risk factors collide - Nablus, Palestine (July 2019)
Asia and the Pacific
- "The Singapore of Java" - Cilacap Regency, Indonesia (June 2019)
- Gender focus next – Honiara, Solomon Islands (July 2019)
- A focus on critical infrastructure - Mawlamyine, Myanmar (July 2019)
Europe and Central Asia
- Lisbon's resilience action plan (2017)
For more news stories: visit UNDRR WebsiteBack