- Meeting or Conference
- Mauritius - government
- Other organizer:
- European Union (EU); Indian Ocean Commission (IOC); International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN); National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Centre (NDRRMC)
- 09-13 Oct 2017
- Mauritius (Quatre Bornes)
- Palms Hotel
In the scope of the International Day for Disaster Reduction (IDDR), the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Centre under the aegis of the Ministry of Social Security, National Solidarity, and Environment and Sustainable Development jointly with the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and the ISLANDS Project of the Indian Ocean Commission, funded by the European Union, is organising a workshop to raise awareness and disseminate knowledge about Ecosystem-based Disaster Risk Reduction.
The aim of this workshop is to strengthen capacities to mainstream ecosystem-based disaster risk reduction (DRR) and climate change adaptation (CCA) in national and local development planning processes. So, bringing participants from disaster management, environment, local authorities, other concerned ministries/organisations and private sectors for this workshop proves to be a strategic step in this direction.
- Environment & Ecosystems, Disaster Risk Management
- Flood, Storm Surge, Tsunami
- Madagascar, Mauritius, Seychelles