- Meeting or Conference
- Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)
- 11-13 Oct 2017
- Germany (Potsdam)
- Kongresshotel Potsdam am Templiner See
Am Luftschiffhafen 1
Impacts World is the leading international conference covering the diversity and depth of climate-impacts research today. IW2017 follows on from the inaugural Impacts World 2013, held in Potsdam, Germany, which brought together impacts researchers and stakeholders from across the spectrum of impacted sectors, initiating an era of truly integrated cross-sectoral climate-impacts research.
Impacts World showcases not only the very latest in our scientific understanding impacts of climate change, placing a particular focus on the most pertinent and pressing political questions of the day, but shines a spotlight on the challenges that lie ahead for this research community, and offers time for in-depth discussions and dedicated working groups. In 2017, the conference will be dedicated to counting the true costs of climate change, by considering four key challenges for aggregating and quantifying climate-change risks and impacts.
Four key challenges for quantifying the true costs of climate change are addressed:
- Counting the economic costs of climate change
- Climate change and human health
- Climate change and human migration
- Climate change and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Climate Change, Health & Health Facilities, Governance, Human Mobility