- Meeting or Conference
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)
- Other organizer:
- League of Arab States (LAS)
- 30 Nov - 02 Dec 2017
- Egypt (Marsa Alam)
- English, Arabic
UNISDR Regional Office for Arab States in coordination with the League of Arab States will organize a three-day event in Marsa Alam, Egypt with youth engaged in fields related to biodiversity, climate change, disaster risk reduction, maritime sciences, urban development in coastal cities, and sea and/or coastal protection.
The three-day event will provide knowledge and new perspectives on tsunamis and their linkage to sustainable development, resilience building, biodiversity, marine life and climate change.
The event will host a series of sessions on different themes aimed to :
- Increase global knowledge of tsunami risks
- Understand disaster resilience in urban and/or coastal settings
- Explore innovative and effective measures in reducing tsunami impacts
- Train on Emergency first response ensuring confidence when faced with an emergency.
- Establish youth partnerships for cooperation in disaster risk reduction
- Environment & Ecosystems, Children and Youth