- Meeting or Conference
- Public Safety Canada (PS)
- 23-24 Oct 2017
- Canada (Halifax)
- The Westin Nova Scotian, 1181 Hollis Street
Canada's Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction will be hosting the Eighth Annual National Roundtable on Disaster Risk Reduction. This year's theme for the Roundtable, Building Back Better, encourages participants to engage in a dialogue related to the fourth priority for action under the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction. The second day of the Roundtable will be held jointly with Canada's Climate Change Adaptation Platform.
The Roundtable serves as an inclusive multi-sectoral consultative mechanism to advance disaster risk reduction in Canada. This two day event is free of charge and open to all interested participants, including: the private sector, all levels of government, Indigenous peoples, non-governmental organizations, academia and the general public.
This year's program will include several workshops, panel discussions, and interactive activities on topics related to climate change adaptation and ways Canada can “build back better”. It will also reflect upon 150 years of disasters in Canada and focus on the 100th anniversary of the Halifax Explosion.
- To work in an integrated manner to reduce risk, vulnerability and impacts of natural and non-natural disasters to Canadians;
- Provide a coordinating mechanism for DRR across sectors and using our existing networks; and
- To support stakeholders with relevant knowledge and information.
- Climate Change, Recovery, Disaster Risk Management