- Meeting or Conference
- Centre de recherche sur l'information scientifique et technique (CERIST); European Research Center for Information Systems (ERCIS); Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE); Münster Marketing
- 11-13 Dec 2017
- Germany (Münster)
- WWU Münster, Leonardo Campus
The International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies for Disaster Management (ICT-DM’2017) will be held in Münster, Germany from 11th of December to 13th of December 2017. ICT-DM’2017 aims to bring together academics and practitioners who are involved in emergency services, ad hoc planning and disaster management and recovery, in order to learn about the latest research developments, share experiences and information about this area and develop recommendations.
We invite you to submit your original technical papers and demos to this event.
Accepted and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases. Authors of selected papers from ICT-DM 2017 will be invited to submit an extended and improved version to a special issue of the International Journal of Information Technology and Management (see also our recent Special Issue in the IJITM). Next to this, the conference will have a best paper and a best student paper award.
The keynotes will be held by:
- Prof. Mark Haselkorn Director of the Center for Collaborative Systems for Security, Safety, and Regional Resilience (CoSSaR) at the University of Washington
- Abdeslem Boukhtouta Ph.D. Senior Defense Scientist at the Defence Research and Development Canada-CORA.
Topics of interest include:
- Big data analytics in disaster management
- Disaster relief logistics
- ICT-CDM technologies in developing countries
- Risk, damage and loss assessment
- Smart cities for disaster and emergency management
- Web mapping and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Risk Identification & Assessment, Governance, GIS & Mapping, Disaster Risk Management