- Meeting or Conference
- Other organizer:
- Aid and International Development Forum (AIDF)
- 06-07 Sep 2017
- United States of America (Washington D.C.)
- Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Centre
Now in its 9th year, the AIDF Global Disaster Relief Summit returns to Washington D.C. on 6-7 September 2017. This year the Global Disaster Relief & Development Summit will expand its scope beyond disaster relief operations and will look into emerging global challenges, technological innovations and opportunities in international aid and development sector. The Summit will provide updated information on emergency procurements, disaster risk reduction and resilience, the refugee crisis, data & ICT strategies, innovations in humanitarian logistics, health and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and the financing of disaster relief.
Reasons to participate
- Gain practical advice from over 70 speakers on how to improve efficiency and effectiveness of disaster response and deliver global programmes aimed at meeting the sustainable development agenda.
- Benchmark your approaches with 350+ decision makers from government agencies, United Nations, Red Cross, NGOs, donors and foundations, military, relief agencies and the private sector and explore opportunities for collaboration.
- Discover innovations, new trends and solutions that will help implement technically sound international humanitarian and development assistance.
- Participate in 8 hours of networking offering an unparalleled opportunity for knowledge exchange, cross-sector engagement and building long lasting partnerships.
To register for this event, please click here.
For more information, please see event website below.
- Disaster Risk Management
- United States of America