- Meeting or Conference
- Canadian Risks and Hazards Network (CRHNet)
- 25-27 Oct 2017
- Canada (Halifax, Nova Scotia)
- Pier 21
The 14th CRHNet Annual Symposium will be held 25-27 October 2017 in Halifax, NS. This year's theme is Building Resilience: From Catastrophe to Capacity.
This event provides an opportunity to learn about risk and hazard experiences within Canada and from other countries. You will have the opportunity to share your current work with local and international professionals in hazard risk identification and disaster and emergency management in an interdisciplinary and collaborative forum.
The 2017 Symposium tracks will include:
- Acknowledging Diversity and Equity
- Building Adaptive Capacity to Rapid Changes in the Climate
- Collaborative Initiatives (at Local, Regional, National and Transnational Levels)
- Current Achievements and Challenges
- Disaster Preparedness, Response and Recovery
- Hazard and Risk Science
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Inspiring Resilience
- Legislation, Policy and Practice
- Mass Evacuation
- Measuring Success: Frameworks and Metrics
- Research and Education
- Resilience in Indigenous Communities
- When Nature, Technology and Society Collide
See webpage link below for more details.
- Capacity Development, Risk Identification & Assessment, Disaster Risk Management