- Meeting or Conference
- Institute for Risk & Disaster Reduction (IRDR)
- Other host:
- University College London (UCL)
- 01 Mar 2017
- United Kingdom (London)
- UCL - Darwin Lecture Theatre & Roberts Foyer
University College London's Institue for Risk and Disaster Reduction (IRDR) will hold its annual Careers and Opportunities Fair on 1 March 2017 where career and other opportunities in risk and disaster reduction will be presented. The job opportunities will include those in the commercial, humanitarian, and governance sectors, volunteer and internship opportunities, postgraduate study, and involvement in student societies.
5:00 - 6:00pm: Talks and Q&A Session, Darwin Lecture Theatre
6:00 - 8:00pm: Exhibitor stalls and refreshments in the Roberts Foyer
The speaker panel will include:
- Sophie Allen from Rescue Global on career opportunities and career paths in the NGO sector in disaster risk reduction and in disaster response
- Dr Ilan Kelman, UCL IRDR and UCL IGH, on postgraduate study and academic career opportunities in Risk and Disaster Reduction
- Elodie Huet, UCL IRDR alumna and business continuity consultant at Arup, on finding commercial sector opportunities in business continuity
- Sophie Donoghue, UCL IRDR alumna and Resilience Office at Hertfordshire County Council on finding risk management and resilience roles in the public sector
This event is free to attend, but you need to register here.
For more information, find UCL IRDR on Facebook or @UCLIRDR.
- Capacity Development
- United Kingdom