- Training Course
- UNISDR Office for Northeast Asia and Global Education and Training Institute for Disaster Risk Reduction at Incheon (UNISDR ONEA-GETI)
- Other organizer:
- Incheon Metropolitan City; Ministry of Public Safety and Security (MPSS)
- 14-15 Feb 2017
- Korea (Rep. of) (Incheon)
- UNISDR ONEA Global Eduction and Training Institute
The Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 is the first major agreement of the post-2015 development agenda, with seven global targets and four priorities for action.
It is a 15-year, voluntary, non-binding agreement which recognizes that the State has the primary role to reduce disaster risk but that responsibility should be shared with other stakeholders including local government, the private sector and other stakeholders. It aims for the following outcome:
The substantial reduction of disaster risk and losses in lives, livelihoods and health and in the economic, physical, social, cultural and environmental assets of persons, businesses, communities and countries.
About the Workshop
This Training of Trainers for Implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction workshop addresses National and Local level planning and the role of local authorities and the private sector.
Disaster Risk Reduction Advocates will be able to deliver training modules to relevant national and local authorities, as well as the private sectors on:
- Understanding risk: global and urban trends in disaster and risk
- Mainstreaming disaster risk reduction into socio-economic development via case studies by Sendai Priority and Resilient Cities Essentials
- Understanding the Sendai Framework and related tools
- Developing and Implementing Safe and Resilient Country/City Action Plans
- Country/City Action Plan Monitoring, Evaluation and Follow Up
- Capacity Development, Community-based DRR, Private Sector, Urban Risk & Planning, Governance, Disaster Risk Management