- Meeting or Conference
- Global Alliance of Disaster Research Institutes (GADRI)
- 19-21 Mar 2017
- Japan (Kyoto)
- Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University, Uji Campus
The Third Global Summit of Research Institutes for Disaster Risk Reduction (GSRIDRR 2017) will take place at the Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University, Uji Campus, Oubaku Plaza, Kyoto, Japan from 19 to 21 March 2017.
This conference provides an opportunity for all those who are involved in disaster risk reduction (DRR) activities, disaster research and related fields to come together, share knowledge and research. The conference will promote the following objectives:
- To serve as an advocate for key research policy statements that are in line with real, evidenced-based disaster research needs;
- To carry out a more detailed assessment of key research challenges and to identify priority research areas;
- To identify pioneering scientific initiatives to effectively reduce the gaps between science and practice in disaster risk reduction activities;
- To share and build on achievements, and outcomes of past and ongoing GADRI Projects addressing research gaps;
- To foster links between local and international organizations and their programs through the GADRI network.
One of the expected outcomes of the 3rd Global Summit will be a comprehensive table of research areas by disaster management phases identifying key and/ or critical research challenges.
For more information on registration and fees, please click here.
- Private Sector, Disaster Risk Management, Science and Technology