- Meeting or Conference
- International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC)
- 21-23 Mar 2017
- United States of America (Reno)
- Peppermill Resort, 2707 S. Virginia St.
The International Association of Fire Chief's (IAFC) Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) conference is a offers hands-on training and interactive sessions designed to address the challenges of wildland fire. The WUI conference brings together wildland firefighters, federal and state-agency personnel, and land-use community planners to collaborate on emerging issues in wildland fire management. Attendees make valuable connections and learn new tools and strategies.
Who should attend?
- Fire chiefs and company officers
- Federal and state wildland-fire agency personnel
- Wildland firefighters and fire-management officers
- Fire marshals
- Land-use and community planners
- Fire-ecology researchers and analysts
- Learn. Hear about Innovative Programs such as Ready, Set, Go! and the FAC Learning Network and operational considerations such as lessons learned from Type 1 IC’s and tactical operations in Open Space Islands, all over 3 days of education and training.
- Connect. Federal, state and local wildland fire personnel come together in a collaborative environment for idea sharing and future planning.
- See. The Exhibit Hall provides a great opportunity to explore the tools, technologies and resources available to help you mitigate and respond to WUI challenges.
||On or before 6 Feb
||After 6 Feb
|Federal Government employee
Register online here. You can also submit your registration form by mail or fax.
- Urban Risk & Planning, Disaster Risk Management
- Wild Fire
- United States of America