- Meeting or Conference
- European Union (EU); Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery, the (GFDRR); Secretariat of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP); United Nations Development Programme - Headquarters (UNDP)
- 06-08 Jun 2017
- Belgium (Brussels)
- Brussels Meeting Centre
Promoting Resilience Through Post-Crisis Recovery
The third edition of the World Reconstruction Conference (WRC3) aims to promote resilience through post-crisis recovery, as evidenced by the Sendai Framework’s Priority 4 to "build back better in recovery, rehabilitation and reconstruction". It will be held 6-8 June in Brussels, in conjunction with the European Development Days 2017. This event will bring practitioners from governments, civil society, development partners, academia, and the private sector to share best practices and lessons learned. The conference will focus on the following topics:
- Promoting inclusive recovery and building back better for achieving resilience;
- Building capacities for implementing resilient recovery;
- Leveraging political consensus on strengthening recovery systems.
This conference is free to attend. Participants need to cover their own lodging and travel expenses
To sign up for updates, please click here.
Additional information is available at the event website.
- Recovery, Disaster Risk Management