- Training Course
- Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC)
- 20-22 Mar 2017
- Thailand (Bangkok)
The Training Course on Disaster Risk Communication course is designed to help participants understand disaster risk communication principles and to apply these in disaster risk reduction. The course builds the capacities of practitioners to design, develop, manage and undertake an effective disaster risk communication campaign. The course highlights various channels and mediums, introduces topical communication trends, as well as the production of information, education and communication (IEC) materials. The course also deliberates on the role of media.
- Risk Communication, Social Amplification and Risk Perception: An Introduction
- Communication needs in different phases of the DM cycle
- Risk Communication Theory
- Understanding audiences
- Making a message work
- Taking the message across
- Types of print material and outdoor media products
- Use of Information and Communication Technology
- Steps to design a Communication Plan
The course is specialized for those who are engaged in disaster planning and management, and in disaster education.
Package A without accommodation: USD1,075
Package B with accommodation: USD1,375
The standard course fee of USD1,075 covers the course tuition, training materials, meeting package, and study visits. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application, lunch and dinners, health and accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
Participants who want to stay at the hotel where the course will be conducted can choose an alternative course fee package B with accommodation.
Interested persons can apply as individuals although preference will be given to those sponsored by an organization. The application can be submitted online here.
- Information Management, Advocacy & Media, Disaster Risk Management