- Training Course
- The Crisis Management and Disaster Response Centre of Excellence (CMDR COE)
- 15-19 May 2017
- Bulgaria (Sofia)
The Crisis Management and Disaster Response Centre of Excellence (CMDR COE) will conduct Disaster Management Course from 15 to 19 May 2017 in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Acquisition of basic knowledge related to disasters as phenomenon, the disaster management process and its close relation to the risk management process, as well as the main players and mechanisms in disaster response.
Civil experts and military officers (OF-2 to OF-5) assigned to state agencies, regional and municipal administration, as well as other representatives from organizations/companies with responsibilities or special interest in the disaster management domain.
This 5-day course comprises of lectures, practical teamwork and student presentations, intended to introduce the disaster management fundamentals by discussing several aspects of this topic, as well as illustrate disaster management process issues in a given scenario. Improvement in the knowledge of the attendees will be defined by an open-book test.
- comprehend basic theoretical foundations of man-made and natural disasters, and outline main terms and definitions of disaster management;
- describe the key processes in disaster management and risk management in accordance to UN, NATO and EU concepts;
- outline the key actors, factors, mechanisms and interactions in the disaster response domain within the context of a Comprehensive Approach (CA);
- understand military′s role in disaster management in UN, NATO and EU.
N/A (Not Required).
English (high level of proficiency required).
How to Register
Registration forms are welcomed no later than 28 April 2017, and preferably before then. The course will not take place with less than 10 participants. The maximum number of participants is 30. Applicants are advised to apply early in order to avoid disappointment. Registration form is available here.
Point of Contacts:
100 euros (for all participants, excluding speakers, and those participants from CMDR COE sponsoring nations - Bulgaria, Greece and Poland).
Other costs (travel, accommodation, meals) are at the expense of the attendees.
- Governance, Disaster Risk Management