- Meeting or Conference
- Institute of Civil Protection and Emergency Management (ICPEM); University College London, Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction) (UCL)
- 19 Jun 2014
- United Kingdom (London)
- Pearson Lecture Theatre (G22 - ground floor) and North Cloisters, University College London
You are cordially invited to the Second Academic Network Conference at University College London on the 19th June 2014 (and, of course, to the UCL-IRDR Annual Conference the day before). This is an opportunity to improve communication and collaboration in the field of risk, disaster reduction and resilience. The conference will be almost entirely interactive and will give delegates the opportunity to express opinions and insights, which will be recorded and transformed into both a report and a detailed plan for action.
The conference aims to:
- facilitate information exchange and improve the intensity of collaboration between academics and their colleagues, and between academics and practitioners;
- develop instruments to improve the visibility of disaster risk reduction/resilience and enable its protagonists to have a common voice;
- form the material of a common working paper for general circulation, with the aim of representing the diversity of viewpoints and opinions;
- make the transition from knowledge to wisdom, and to share the benefits of that passage.
Some relevant questions that will be addressed include:
- What is our common operating picture?
- How can we improve our individual and collective voice?
- How can we increase connectivity in this academic field?
- How can we collectively contribute to the improvement of DRR/resilience?
How to register
The participation at the conference is free but a registration required.
The registration can be also made via the official page of the conference available in IRDR's web site
- Information Management, Disaster Risk Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience
- United Kingdom