- Meeting or Conference
- Krisoker Sor (Farmers' Voice)
- 15-17 Apr 2014
- Bangladesh (East Sujonkathi, Goila, Agailjhara, Barisal - 8241 )
- Krisoker Conserved Bagan
As part of Global consultation process to formulating a Post-2015 Framework for Disaster Management, Margareta Wahlström, Special Representative of the Secretary General for Disaster Risk Reduction, UNISDR organised a strategic dialogue with CSOs and community practitioners on 10-11 February, 2014 in Geneva. On behalf of the local people from East Sujonkathi, Goila, Barisal, Bangladesh, Zakir Shahin from Krisoker Sor (Farmers' Voice) placed the official statement at the dialogue.
The festival event ahead at the local community will move around the following 3 points:
1) Feedback, discussion, evaluation of the strategic dialogue and formulate Local peoples' Strategy for Post- 2015 Framework for Disaster Management.
2) Field work on the concept "Freeing local people from pseudo development induced disaster risks". The concept has been submitted for Technical Session-1 “Community Resilience” at The 6th Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction.
3) Make few mandatory commitments on behalf of individual, community, institutional level towards successfully formulating and implementing of The Post-2015 Framework for Disaster Management
How to register
Place your interest as a comment under the above mentioned link.
Send an email expressing what you expect from the event to [email protected]
- Governance, Disaster Risk Management, Food Security & Agriculture