- Training Course
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
- Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth, (RADI)
- 03-13 Jun 2014
- China (Beijing)
Experts from international institutions across the globe will share their experiences working in space technology for disaster mitigation, an increasingly critical field. The centre is jointly sponsored by TWAS and the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and hosted by the CAS Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth.
- Introduction of Space Technology for Disaster Mitigation and Disaster Risk Situation in Developing Countries
- Spatial Data Receiving and Processing
- Theory and Practice of Remote Sensing
- Data Management of Space Technology for Disaster Mitigation
- Disaster Risk Management Processes
- Assessment of Disasters Risk
- Application of Prevention and Mitigation Strategies
- Principles and Concepts of Recovery and Reconstruction
Target audienceEarly- and mid-career scientists, policy makers from developing countries with background of space technologies or disaster mitigation as an advantage; skills of fluent English communication required.
Participation is limited to 20 people, and female applicants will be given priority. Selected applicants will be provided with round-trip airfares between their home countries and Beijing, as well as local expenses during the workshops.
How to register
(1) Applicants fill in the attached application forms and submit them to the SDIM Secretariat at [email protected]
or by fax +86-10-8217-8104. Application deadline is 4 April, 2014.
(2) The selection group will routinely examine the applications and notify the applicants of the decisions before 20 April, 2014. Invitations will be sent to the selected applicants for visa formalities at the same time.
- Information Management, Recovery, Risk Identification & Assessment, Space & Aerial Technology