- Meeting or Conference
- ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability
- 02-04 Apr 2014
- Canada (Vancouver)
- Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Set against the backdrop of the vibrant and picturesque City of Vancouver, the Livable Cities Forum will explore how to build healthy, sustainable, and economically resilient communities.
Learn from experts by attending your choice of high calibre plenaries, panel discussions, presentations, and workshops.
Explore the City of Vancouver through local study-tours and see how the City’s bold initiative, Greenest City 2020, addresses environmental challenges, supports the local economy, and fosters healthier people and places.
Connect with leaders and innovators from across North America to discuss the importance of preparing for climate change at the local level.
- Preparing – accessing scientific information and getting ready for the new normal
- Responding – recovering, restructuring, and rebuilding after the storm
- Mainstreaming – connecting ideas and integrating resilience into the everyday
- Placemaking – promoting vibrant, healthy, and inclusive neighbourhoods to enhance resilience
- Measuring – assessing risk, improving processes, and evaluating success
- Politicking – using political leadership to strengthen local resilience
Detailed program description can be found at the Conference website.
Event feeRegular conference fee $650 (for registration made before March 13, 2014); $825 (for registration made after March 13. 2014).
How to register
Please visit Livable Cities Forum website for registration.
- Capacity Development, Community-based DRR, Risk Identification & Assessment, Urban Risk & Planning, Governance, Social Impacts & Social Resilience