- Training Course
- International Council for Science (ICSU)
- Other organizer:
- Integrated Research on Disaster Risk (IRDR); International Consortium of Landslides (ICL); International Geographical Union (IGU); Mexican Academy of Science (AMC); Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM)
- 24-25 Feb 2014
- Mexico (Mexico City)
- Institute of Geography of the National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Spanish, English
From 24-25 February 2014, the Institute of Geography of the National Autonomous University of Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico, will host an international seminar on Forensic Investigations of Disasters (FORIN). This seminar is the follow-up to the International Workshop on FORIN Associated with Landslides, which was held from 24 June to 5 July 2013.
The international seminar on FORIN is directed at young Latin American scientists and students from all disciplines related to the field of disaster risk reduction (DRR), where they will learn more about FORIN, a methodology proposed by the Integrated Research on Disaster (IRDR) Programme in order to understand the complex and underlying causes of disasters.
The seminar will have two modalities:
- Key-note conferences (open to the general scientific community; no registration required).
- Round-table discussion (exclusive for young students and scientists from Latin America, upon application, acceptance and registration).
Some grants for travelling or accommodation will be offered to postgraduate students and young scientists from Latin America, with the exception of those studying or living in Mexico City.
- Workshop organisers: Irasema Alcántara-Ayala (UNAM, IRDR-ICSU), Anthony Oliver-Smith (University of Florida, IRDR-ICSU)
How to register- Application forms can be downloaded from: http://www.igeograf.unam.mx/sigg/eventos/convoca.php
- Deadline for submission of applications: Monday, 10 February 2014.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the above website.
- Disaster Risk Management