- Meeting or Conference
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Africa (UNISDR AF)
- Other organizer:
- African Union (AU); Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- 13-16 May 2014
- Nigeria (Abuja)
- Transcorp Hilton
- English, French
- With live translation:
- Info on live translation:
- Live translation will be available
The Fifth Africa Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction and Third Ministerial Meeting was organised, under the leadership of the African Union Commission at Abuja, Nigeria on 13 - 16 May 2014 to develop the Africa contribution to the post-2015 framework for disaster risk reduction to be considered at the Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction and its Preparatory Committee meetings.
1. Africa contribution to the post-2015 framework and associated monitoring system.
2. Ministerial Declaration: To formalise and strengthen the finalisation of the Africa Position on the post-2015 framework for disaster risk reduction, ministers and/or their delegates from participating African countries will adopt a Declaration.
3. Stakeholder Commitments: Voluntary commitments expressed by all stakeholder groups participating at the Africa Regional Platform will be compiled and recognised as part of the overall outcome and, in particular, the Declaration, recognising their value in guiding implementation and cooperation.
Governments, intergovernmental regional organizations, donors, United Nations, academic and technical institutions, the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Government Organizations, mayors, community leaders, parliamentarians, youth, media and the private sector.
Documents from the Fifth Africa Regional Platform and Third Ministerial Meeting for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Civil Society/NGOs, Climate Change, Advocacy & Media, Private Sector, Governance