- Meeting or Conference
- City of Surrey, British Columbia
- 21-22 Nov 2013
- Canada (Surrey, BC)
- Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
Thriving Children – Start by Nurturing the Heart
Insights from the Dalai Lama Centre for Peace and Education, Wednesday, November 20, 2013, Surrey Arts Centre – Main Stage
This is a great opportunity to engage with municipalities, non-profits, recreation programmers, social and community planning, early childhood practitioners, youth workers, engineers, and policy makers.
The theme for this year’s conference will be the Rights of the Child, and will include workshops on:
- healthy built environments,
- programs and services, and
- meaningful civic engagement.
The conference will bring together:
- municipal, and
- regional leaders involved in policy decisions and designing and building safe, healthy communities for children and families, building on the success of the 3 previous provincial forums.
There will be a keynote panel each day, including Kerry Constabile, an international representative from UNICEF, Surrey Mayor Dianne Watts, and Dr. Trevor Hancock.
The conference organizing committee is excited to draw on a range of excellent individuals, groups and organizations from across British Columbia and beyond to build an exciting and engaging conference program.
Event fee$225 + GST
What is included in the event feeLunch and coffee breaks are included in the conference fees. Vegetarian options will be available. You are responsible for providing your own food and beverages if you have any food restrictions or allergies.
Past forums have drawn an interdisciplinary group of participants, including:
- staff from municipalities,
- recreation programmers,
- social and community planning,
- ECE practitioners,
- youth workers,
- engineers, and
- policy makers.
How to register
Please register online or call +1 6045015100.
- Urban Risk & Planning, Vulnerable Populations