- Meeting or Conference
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Arab States (UNISDR ROAS); World Health Organization - Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office (WHO - EMRO)
- 22 Oct 2013
- Egypt (Cairo)
- Kuwait Hall - WHO premises in Cairo
- Arabic, English
- With live translation:
UNISDR has turned its focus for the International Day for Disaster Reduction on 13 October on some one billion people around the world who live with some form of disability. This year UNISDR Regional Office for Arab States and WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean are organizing a joint event on the 22nd October at WHO premises to celebrate this important date.
- Dr. Samir Ben Yahmed, Director of Programme Management, Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Honorable Guest from League of Arab States (LAS) - TBC
- Ms. Amal Fekri, Chairman of Al Nour Wal Amal Association
- Ms. Fatma Al Tanani, Special Abilities Group of Resala Organization
- Mr. Amjad Abashar, Head of Regional Office for Arab States, The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)
During the event, a joint UN statement on "Living with disability and disasters" will be released to the public and media.
The event will also include a performance by Al Nour Wal Amal Association, a chamber orchestra of 40 blind girls and women, and the viewing of a painting exhibition at the lobby by the Special Abilities Group of Resala Organization, Egypt.
Refreshments will be available after the event.
Event feeThere is no fee.
- Community-based DRR, Disaster Risk Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience, Vulnerable Populations