- Meeting or Conference
- Pôle de Compétitivité 'Risques', Industrial hazards & civil protection / risques industriels et sécurité civile) (Pôle Risques)
- 05-06 Nov 2013
- France (Aix-en-Provence)
- English, French
- With live translation:
- Info on live translation:
- Bilingual conference with simultaneous translation (F/E-E/F)
High Reliability Organizations (HROs) are a subset of organizations which exhibit continuous, nearly error free operation, even in multifaceted, turbulent, and dangerous task environments. Examples of HROs include aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines and power plants or air traffic control systems. For the past 30 years, researchers and practitioners have looked for, studied and refined the shared features of those organizations, which explain their outstanding performance. For instance, it was consistently found that HROs develop effective sensemaking processes that detect weak signals, contain errors and respond to changing situations. More broadly, HRO theory provides a common lexicon for practitioners in fields as diverse and critical as nuclear activities, aviation or wildland firefighting to share their lessons learned and organizational innovations.
This conference invites interaction between researchers, managers, regulators, and practitioners to characterize, deepen and spread these approaches. Its purpose is to disseminate the most recent findings in HRO theory, find cross-pollinations with related disciplines and share practical experiences, in order to provide new avenues for research and new long-term solutions for practice.
- Roundtables and seminars with high level HRO experts
- Special focus on the following fields:
- Societal Resilience
Workshop will be also held on 'Making sense of early warnings'.
Event fee750 euros (350 euros for not-for-profit organizations)
What is included in the event feeThe registration fee includes the conference admission, participants package, breakfast and lunches on both days, access to exhibits, and observation of the simulation exercises.
- Practitioners and regulators from aviation, nuclear, petrochemical, healthcare, and civil protection sectors
- Executives, managers and leaders from all sectors seeking high performance and adaptability
How to register
- Early Warning, Health & Health Facilities, Private Sector, Risk Identification & Assessment, Disaster Risk Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience
- Wild Fire, NBC - Nuclear, Biological, Chemical