- Meeting or Conference
- Ministry of Emergency Situations, “Emergency Channel” Information Center) (MES Armenia)
- 03-04 Dec 2013
- Armenia (Yerevan)
Towards 25th anniversary of Spitak earthquake, the “Emergency Channel” Information Center under the auspices of Ministry of Emergency Situations, plans to organize a 2-day Conference on “Public Awareness as a Cornerstone for Disaster Risk Reduction”, to be held on December 3-4, in Yerevan.
Aim of the Conference
The Conference aims to bring together the world best practices and established values in the field of emergency communications and to discuss further developments.
The Conference will be open for involved international organizations, experts from various countries, state officials, information responsibles, famous journalists with relevant experience, world biggest information agencies.
Topics to be discussed:
1. Lessons learnt from disasters – Spitak earthquake, Kobe earthquake and Fukushima disaster, earthquakes in Haiti and Chile, Turkey, Iran, China…
2. Emergency and crisis information management guidelines of inter-governmental and international organizations;
3. Public awareness new creative solutions and tools: DRR public awareness and social networks, DRR public awareness and new information technologies;
4. World-known journalist’s memories, impressions and suggestions;
5. Safety culture and kids: kids as main target group;
6. World huge information agencies and emergencies. experience, journalistic code of ethics and recommendations.
• Reports and materials presented during the conference, as well as photo and video materials (with authors’ permission) will be published in one package;
• As a result of event”emergency” network of journalists and specialists will be created. The network will be used for forums, discussions, exchange of opinions and ideas, experience and expertise;
• Emergency web portal will be created; emergency information management and public awareness best programs and initiatives (starting from state plans and guidelines up to video-audio-electronic materials) will be collected there.
Target audienceArmenia invites state officials, international organizations, information responsibles and journalists to share their best experience in the field of public awareness
- Capacity Development, Information Management, Advocacy & Media, Governance, Disaster Risk Management, Vulnerable Populations