- Meeting or Conference
- African Youth Movement (AYM)
- Other organizer:
- Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR); Influence Africa
- 10-17 Oct 2013
- Nigeria (Abuja)
- Road Walk
The disability discourse fits into our Views from the Frontline (VFL) Campaign to reduce extensive risk and vulnerabilities for the at high risk people. Today, more than a billion people - or approximately 15 per cent of the world’s population - are estimated to live with some form of disability, with higher prevalence in low-income countries. This means that disabled people comprise the largest single groups of excluded and chronically poor people in the developing world.
This exclusion makes it necessary for the African Youth Movement (AYM) to seek your participation to the Rally March to mark the 2013 IDDR.
Essence of the march
- Explore the different experiences of older and younger disabled people and analyse the impact of environmental factors (policies, physical environment, attitudes, status, power) on people with disabilities.
- Recognise and Honour Partners to the Disability Campaign in Nigeria and consider what actions are effective in promoting inclusion and for whom?
The day will commence with a massive Rally across the streets of the FCT to sensitize the public and will converge at the headquarters of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to be addressed by the Director General.
- Advocacy & Media, Vulnerable Populations