- Meeting or Conference
- Arab Towns Organization (ATO); Dubai Municipality; Environmental Centre for Arab Towns (ECAT); Informa Exhibitions
- 08-10 Oct 2013
- United Arab Emirates (Dubai)
- Dubai World Trade Centre
Experts estimate that the global urban population will reach 7 billion people by 2050, which equals an increase of 100% of the number of people living in urban areas today. This massive urbanization has serious social, economic and environmental implications, as well as opportunities to develop more resilient cities. Government leaders and policy makers must work together to implement sustainable strategies in all elements in an urban society.
Future Cities Conference is the ultimate learning platform to examine the current issues that policy makers and city leaders face in terms of creating and implementing innovative strategies for social, economic, environmental and urban sustainability.
Delegates will be in a position to:
- Build strong communications with citizens, via m-government and other proactive initiatives
- Green the total water life cycle, for financial savings and water security
- Support tourism and local commutes via the strategic placement of infrastructure
- Balance peak energy requirements citywide with efficient down times
- Change citizen energy-related behaviors to improve quality of life
- Create cross-departmental government buy-in for sustainable city-wide practices
The Future Cities conference program will focus on the pillars that create the foundation for a truly sustainable, resilient city best able to create a high quality of life for residents and withstand whatever regional changes take place in coming decades.
- Defining natural disaster risks and preparing structures
- Understanding other risks such as risk of neighboring wars and their affects
- Creating response systems that bridge organizations and neighborhoods
Target audienceCity Leaders, Mayors, Elected Officials and Political Leaders, Urban Planners, Architects, Institutional Investors, Real Estate Developers, Government Authorities, Tourism Authorities, Inward Investment Agencies, Investors, Redevelopment Agencies, Chambers of Commerce, Infrastructure Planners, Infrastructure Service Providers, Regional and National Institutions, Contactors, Consultants, Engineers, Environmental Specialists, Transport Planners, Facilities Managers, Policy Makers and Regulators, Utility Managers and Operators, Consultants and Advisors, Not-for-Profit Organisations
How to register
Please register online
- Environment & Ecosystems, Risk Identification & Assessment, Urban Risk & Planning, Governance, Economics of DRR, Water, Disaster Risk Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience
- United Arab Emirates