- Training Course
- DHI Group, The Academy)
- 25-27 Sep 2013
In this three-day, thematic course you will as a water resources professional be introduced to climate change, climate change estimations and assessment of the uncertainties. You will learn how to assess the impacts of climate change on the water resources through the use of hydrological modelling tools. The courses will also focus on the identification of adaptation measures with particular emphasis on flood and droughts.
- Brief introduction to climate change
- General circulation models vs. regional climate models
- Downscaling methods (statistical and dynamical downscaling)
- CC projections including uncertainty estimation
- Estimation of Delta-change factors
- Estimation of future hydro-meteorological time series
- Impact assessment using rainfall-runoff modelling
- Identification of adaptation measures
- Environmental, social, and economic indicators
- Hands-on exercises
Water resources professionals interested in climate change and its impact on the water resources and who would want to use this knowledge in relation to water resources assessment, management and planning.
Participants should have a background in water resources and knowledge of the use of MIKE by DHI modelling tools NAM and MIKE BASIN. Basic knowledge about climate change would be an advantage but not a condition.
How to register
Please register online.
- Capacity Development, Climate Change, Environment & Ecosystems, Risk Identification & Assessment, Water
- Drought, Flood