- Meeting or Conference
- Japan Disability Forum (JDF); Nippon Foundation, the (TNF)
- 24 Sep 2013
- United States of America (New York)
- 18:00-21:00, Lang Recital Hall, Hunter College
- Info on live translation:
- Sign language and caption services will be available
Japan experienced serious damages due to the Great East Japan Earthquake which took place on March 11th, 2011. The organizer's express their sincere gratitude for the kind support from various countries. Among nearly 20,000 victims, the mortality rate of persons with disabilities was double that of general population, according to the government reports. They believe from their experiences that disability-inclusive approaches are essential for the building of disaster-resilient communities. In this special event, they would like to share their experiences, including the efforts of Rikuzentakata City, which was devastated by the tsunami, under the motto "building communities where there is no need for the word Normalization," and talk about their future activities towards Post-2015 Framework on Disaster Risk Reduction, and Development Agenda.
Event feeAdmission is free.
- Disaster Risk Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience, Vulnerable Populations
- Earthquake, Tsunami
- United States of America