- Meeting or Conference
- Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM)
- 24 Sep 2013
- United States of America (Chippewa Falls, WI)
- Chippewa County Courthouse
Rates are going up and subsidies are going away. This workshop will tell you what is changing in the NFIP, how it affects your community and what you can do to mitigate the impacts. In addition to insurance, DNR experts will discuss the flood map amendment process, mitigation solutions to rising premiums and the importance of proper permitting to prevent problems.
- Biggert-Waters 2012 Flood Insurance Reform Act overview and discussion
- LOMC Overview – Community Acknowledgment Form, out-as-shown, use of LIDAR data, e-LOMA, Endangered Species Act, community/state role
- Floodplain permitting procedures, mitigation opportunities, Community Rating System, new floodplain guidance
All community officials, surveyors, engineers, insurance and real estate agents and other professionals are encouraged to attend.
How to register
For additional information, please contact Gary Heinrichs.
- Insurance & Risk Transfer, Governance
- United States of America