- Training Course
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences (CUAS); United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS)
- 04-08 Nov 2013
- Germany (Cologne and Bonn)
The Cologne University of Applied Sciences (CUAS) and the United Nations University – Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) is issuing a call for applications from suitable candidates for the 2013 DAAD Alumni Summer School being held in Cologne & Bonn, Germany, from 4 – 8 November 2013. This event will allow DAAD Alumni to merge their networks and foster future collaboration in research and practice. It will bring together scientists from many countries around the world, representing not only a variety of scientific disciplines but also different national experiences and approaches towards disaster resilience and climate change adaptation.
The 2013 DAAD Alumni Summer School explores issues on disasters and climate extremes from an interdisciplinary perspective with particular focus on climatic, environmental and human factors. Issues addressed will include the following:
- Climate change related extreme events
- Environment, disasters and risk reduction
- Risk management, civil protection and national security
- Critical infrastructure and urban resilience
- Risk communication
- Interdisciplinary approaches towards resilience
To be eligible for participation in DAAD Alumni Summer School:
- You studied or worked at a University in Germany for at least three months
- You are a DAC country national
- You are currently living and working in another country than Germany
How to register
In order to apply for the DAAD Alumni Summer School, please submit your application documents via email to Christiane Grinda and Celia Norf . Your application will be reviewed by a scientific committee. Please note that only complete applications will be considered.
Documents necessary for the application:
- Application Form (download here)
- Letter of motivation (max. 1 page):
- Please describe your motivation to participate in the DAAD Alumni Summer School addressing i.e. the following points:
- What is the relevance of your research and experience to the Alumni Summer School 2013 theme and how will you contribute to the Summer School?
- How do you think your participation in this Alumni Summer School will contribute to your future work?
Deadline for application is August 26, 2013
- Climate Change, Environment & Ecosystems, Urban Risk & Planning, Governance, Disaster Risk Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience, Critical Infrastructure