- Meeting or Conference
- African Climate Policy Centre (ACPC)
- 21-23 Oct 2013
- Ethiopia (Addis Ababa)
- United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) Conference Centre
The African Climate Policy Centre (ACPC) is organizing the Third Annual Conference on Climate Change and Development in Africa (CCDA-III). The Conference is organized each year under the auspices of the Climate for Development in Africa (ClimDev-Africa) Programme. ClimDev-Africa is a consortium of key African development institutions including the United Nations Economic Commission (UNECA), the African Union Commission (AUC) and African Development Bank (AfDB).
The theme of this year’s conference is: "Africa on the run: can the opportunities from climate change spring the continent to transformative development?"
The Conference will address 4 sub-themes that aim to share experiences and disseminate research results and assess how Africa is coping with impacts of climate change. It will also seek ways of strengthening Africa’s ability to take opportunities from climate change to better prepare the continent for transformative development.
- Climate Science, Data and Services for Africa’s Adaptation and Mitigation
- The Role of Policy in Building Africa’s Resilience to Climate Change Impacts
- Green Economy and Climate Finance Opportunities in Africa
- Is the Global Climate Change Framework working for Africa?
The African Climate Policy Centre invites researchers, scientists, policy makers and practitioners to submit original research papers on any of the topics listed above.
Researchers, scientists, policy makers and practitioners stakeholders, institutions or individuals active in climate change and development issues in Africa
How to register
Please submit your abstract online.
Participation is solely by invitation for those who have no papers to present. For more information please email the event organizer.
- Climate Change, Governance, Economics of DRR