- Training Course
- Earthquakes and Megacities Initiative (EMI)
- 19 Aug - 27 Sep 2013
- 28 Oct - 06 Dec 2013
The Comprehensive Disaster Risk Management Framework (CDRMF) is the introductory course of the EMI-GFDRR (Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery) NDRM web-based training package in disaster risk management. The course addresses basic questions such as “Why are disasters a development issue?” and “What are the fundamental components and processes of disaster risk management?” It also reviews the institutional arrangements and financing mechanisms of disaster risk management systems, and identifies the role of national and local actors in the processes related to risk assessment, mitigation and financing. This entry-level course targets all those who want to acquire fundamental knowledge on disaster risk management (DRM) including DRM professionals and general development practitioners. Participants will improve their competence, and will acquire the “Dos” and “Don’ts” and how to raise awareness in and support for disaster risk reduction (DRR). The built-in learning tools of the course give an opportunity to participants to monitor their knowledge and learning progress. Participants who complete the course will receive an EMI-GFDRR Certificate of Recognition.
Additional courses offered under NDRMP:
- Comprehensive disaster risk management framework
- Community-based disaster risk management
- Safe cities
- Financial strategies for managing the economic impacts of natural disasters
- Earthquake risk reduction
- Damage and reconstruction needs assessment
- Climate change and disaster risk reduction
- Risk reduction through land use planning
Event feeUS $250.00
This course is offered to disaster risk management professionals, development practitioners, government officials, policy makers, consultants, researchers and specialists of training and academic institutions, NGO representatives, humanitarian and community leaders, who are interested in acquiring fundamental knowledge on DRM and their linkages to sustainable development challenges.
How to register
Please register online.
- Climate Change, Environment & Ecosystems, Recovery, Economics of DRR, Disaster Risk Management