- Meeting or Conference
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction – Regional Office for the Americas (UNISDR AM); Latin American and Caribbean Economic System (SELA); Unidad Nacional para la Gestión del Riesgo de Desastres (UNGRD); United States Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance, Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (OFDA-LAC)
- 01-02 Aug 2013
- Colombia (Cartagena de Indias)
- Hotel Caribe
The general objective of this regional seminar is as follows:
Generate a space for integration and exchange of public-private experiences in managing disaster risks in the context of continuity of government and continuity of business operations.
- Promote an exchange of experiences between governments and the private sector for disaster risk reduction, particularly as regards the continuity of government and the continuity of business operations during disasters.
- Generate draft recommendations for the inclusion of disaster risk management in plans and programmes for continuity of government and continuity of business operations during disasters in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Target audienceParticipation in this regional seminar is upon invitation only, as extended by the co-sponsors.
This seminar will be attended by national authorities, officials of regional and subregional agencies, international organizations, representatives of the private sector and other entities related to the subject of disaster risk reduction in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Private Sector, Governance, Disaster Risk Management