- Meeting or Conference
- Africa Soil Science Society (ASSS); Soil Science Society of East Africa (SSSEA)
- 20-25 Oct 2013
- Kenya (Nakuru)
Transforming livelihoods in Africa through soils research and development by climate change adaptation/mitigation, enhanced food security ad market access.
Areas of focus
- Enhancing applications of adaptation and mitigation to climate variability and change
- Enhancing the status of human nutrition and food security in Africa through Integrated Soil Fertility Management (ISFM), and small scale irrigation
- Exploring options for sustainable intensification and diversification of crop soil livestock systems
- Land use planning for sustainable food security and climate change adaptation in Africa
- Commercialization aspects in land and water management: Markets and private sector engagement
- Scaling, socio-economics and policy options in land and water management
- Capacity building in land and water management within the Agricultural Product Value Chains (APVC) approach.
- Capacity Development, Climate Change, Water, Food Security & Agriculture