- Meeting or Conference
- European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE); Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM); Venice International University (VIU)
- 06-12 Jul 2014
- Italy (Venice)
- Venice International University (VIU) campus on the Island of San Servolo
There is no doubt that both adaptation and mitigation will be necessary to reduce the impact of anthropogenic global warming on the economy. The objective of the school is to provide tools and methods to understand how economists frame the problem of adaptation to climate change. The lectures will start with an introduction to the theory of adaptation to climate change and will then focus on specific sectors or impacts – tropical cyclones, agriculture, forestry and ecosystems, water. Two final lectures will introduce the use of integrated assessment modeling tools to study optimal adaptation to climate change.
The Summer School is aimed at Ph.D. students that are already writing a thesis on the economics of adaptation to climate change and want to engage into a highly interactive exchange with experts in the field. Students will be asked to present an advanced version of their research work and will receive valuable feedback from fellow students and from the School professors. Students will also be assigned a tutor that will provide individual feedback during consultation time.
How to register
Please send a single PDF file containing the following documents to the Summer School Secretariat:
- completed application form
- your curriculum vitae
- a letter of reference from your supervisor
- the first draft of the paper you will present
Deadline to apply is 1 February 2014.
Application is restricted to 2014 EAERE members.
- Climate Change, Economics of DRR, Water, Food Security & Agriculture