- Meeting or Conference
- Shanghai Urban Construction Group; Wintime International Media and Expo Corporation; Wuhan City Water Authority
- 16-17 Oct 2013
- China (Shanghai)
Average annual cost of flood damage in China is great, and its physical and social impacts on communities can be devastating. The forum will focus on the challenges of managing and reducing flood impacts, building community resilience, and using storm water in a climate of austerity. There is no solution which can solve all these challenges, but through knowledge sharing and collaboration we stand a chance.
The forum will be a platform for Chinese and international water industry professionals to discuss and exhange their information, experience, and knowledge.
- Current situation of China's urban flood control and its challenges and countermeasures
- Global warming's impacts on and requirements for the urban flood control
- Domestic and foreign urban flood disasters' management experience
- Planning and management of urban flood control and drainage engineering system
- Planning and management of urban flood control using system
- Urban flood control and drainage standards
- Predicting flood hazard and adapting to risks in a changing environment
- Risk management and investment mechanism of urban flood control
- Monitoring study of urban pipeline network system based on internet of things
- New methods, technologies and materials in the flood control project
Chinese and international water industry professionals, including researchers, engineers, consultants, floodplain managers, urban planners, relief workers, catchment and national resource managers, landholders and students.
How to register
For more information, please contact Ms. Vicky Zhang or call +86 2151757726
- Information Management, Urban Risk & Planning, Disaster Risk Management