- Meeting or Conference
- Global Risk Forum (GRF Davos); Institute of Catastrophe Risk Management, Nanyang Technological University (ICRM)
- 21-22 Oct 2013
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
In the last few decades a striking world-wide trend towards rising fatalities and economic losses due to natural and man-made hazards can be observed. One major influencing factor is growing urbanization, megacities being particularly prone to supply crises, social disorganisation, political conflicts and natural disasters. They can be both victims and producers of risks.
International Disaster and Risk Conference (IDRC) Singapore 2013 jointly organized by the Institute of Catastrophe Risk Management (ICRM) at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore and the Foundation Global Risk Forum GRF Davos will be held from 21 - 22 October 2013 in Singapore under the theme "Mega cities and urban risks."
The conference focuses on major risks such as:
- Natural hazards
- Air, water and soil pollution
- Industrial accidents (fire, nuclear, chemical, etc.)
- Diseases and pandemies
- Socio-economic crises
- Civil riots and terror attacks
- Urban Risk & Planning, Water, Disaster Risk Management
- Epidemic & Pandemic, NBC - Nuclear, Biological, Chemical