- Meeting or Conference
- Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM); Thailand - government
- Other organizer:
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Asia and Pacific (UNISDR AP)
- 23-26 Jun 2014
- Thailand (Bangkok)
The Sixth Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction, hosted by the Royal Government of Thailand was held in Bangkok, Thailand on 23-26 June 2014. The Conference was a venue for countries, organizations and individual practitioners to meet and discuss the way forward in reducing disaster risk in the region. It was the final regional inter-governmental meeting in Asia before the completion of the Hyogo Framework for Action 2005-15 and the Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in 2015. This Asian Ministerial Conference provided a unique opportunity for Asian disaster risk reduction organizations and practitioners to shape the post-2015 framework for disaster risk reduction to be considered the Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction and its Preparatory Committee meetings.
1. A Declaration on disaster risk reduction and HFA implementation 2014-2015, supported by stakeholder statements of commitment.
2. Formal inputs by the region on the draft post-2015 framework for disaster risk reduction document.
3. Proposal for engaging with stakeholders for the third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction and obtaining commitments for implementation.
4. Compilation of sound practices in Asia and the Pacific on how to do disaster risk reduction, especially to address the issues brought up in the consultations as the region's contribution to World Conference and to shape up the implementation of the new framework.
- Climate Change, Private Sector, Governance, Disaster Risk Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience