- Meeting or Conference
- Fireworks Trade Media Group
- 29-31 Oct 2013
- Thailand (Bangkok)
- Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Centre (BITEC)
Floods cause distress and damage wherever they happen and flooding from heavy rainfall, rivers, estuaries and the sea threatens many millions of people in Thailand. The severe flooding in 2011 caused millions of losses for Thai nationals and foreign companies alike claiming lives and destabilizing the economy. Insurance losses from flooding have increased significantly since 1990 and flood management in Asia is changing with a move from flood protection and defense to comprehensive flood management.
Conference topics include:
- Protecting dams
- Flood protection case studies
- Managing flood related diseases and ensuring proper sanitation during floods
- An integrated flood defense system for factories and industrial estates
- Flood risk assessment and indentifying potential flooding areas
- Flood forecasting and early warning systems
- Safeguarding and rehabilitating the nation and people from mega water disasters
- ASEAN'S latest defense against the next flooding season, plans and strategies
How to register
Admission is restricted to trade professionals only and there is no charge to visit the exhibition.
To register for a visitor badge to visit the exhibition, you can do so online before show days, or on show days with your business card. Visitor badges are non-transferable due to security reasons. You may be asked by security personnel to present proof of identification before entry into the exhibition.
Contact the event coordinator for more details.
- Early Warning, Health & Health Facilities, Risk Identification & Assessment, Insurance & Risk Transfer