- Meeting or Conference
- Global Risk Forum (GRF Davos); Virginia Tech (VT)
- 29-30 Aug 2013
- Switzerland (Davos)
- Davos Congress Centre
"Building resiliency into critical infrastructures: International goals, national strategies, local actions"
Increased environmental and socio-technology threats challenge a nation’s abilities to mitigate and recover from major events. As we cope with the increased frequency, magnitude, and complexity of these events, it is essential that prior planning and policies be in place that will make communities and populations more resilient to large-scale disruptions. The fourth annual conference on community resiliency addresses a central question:
How can national strategies ensure that local actions integrate all contextual factors in order to enhance the resiliency of a nation?
Building resiliency into critical infrastructures of a nation requires concerted action integrating physical, economic, social and political systems in ways that enable nations to create cultures of resiliency that while unique, are based on international goals. Three central questions will guide the discussions at the conference:
- Can new science and technologies improve the resiliency of our critical infrastructures?
- How do we effectively translate national strategies into local actions that enhance the resiliency in communities and thus collectively enhance the resiliency of a nation?
- How do we best incorporate social, technical and cultural elements into frameworks that will improve resiliency at all scales – global, national, and local – and across all sectors?
Event feeEarly registration: CHF 890; Regular registration: CHF 1250; On-site registration: CHF 1300
What is included in the event feeAccess to all sessions, accommodation 2 nights in the splendid Morosani Posthotel, catering at the conference centre incl. coffee breaks, lunch etc., conference networking dinner on Thursday, 29 August 2013, daily highlights, proceedings, conference material.
The 4th conference on community resilience is designed for professionals in the following fields:
- Critical infrastructure protection
- Business continuity
- Risk and emergency management
- Energy, transportation, food, health facility management professionals
- Supply chain management
- Policy and planning advisors
- Public and private sector executives and managers
- Law enforcement professionals
- Physical security
- Academics and researchers
- Consultants and vendors
- Frontline responders
- Safety officers
How to register
Please register online.
- Community-based DRR, Urban Risk & Planning, Governance, Social Impacts & Social Resilience, Critical Infrastructure