- Training Course
- Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals (ITEP)
- 19 Aug 2013
- United States of America (Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico)
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa
- 01-03 Oct 2013
- United States of America (Revo, Nevada)
Note: This is a course description for the 3-day climate change adaptation planning course. Offerings that are shorter will be condensed versions and will not have all of the activities/components of the 3-day training and might not have a regional focus.
This course provides an introduction to planning for climate change impacts, with examples of tribes that have been going through the adaptation planning process. The course is intended for tribal environmental and natural resource professionals who expect to be involved in climate change adaptation planning. Since the course will focus on climate change impacts in the region, we especially encourage people from the region to attend. Others are welcome to attend but should realize that that there will be a focus on that region.
- Overview of climate change and impacts in the region
- Process of developing climate change adaptation plans, from getting started, to impact and vulnerability assessments, to developing adaptation strategies
- Tools, resources and partnerships for adaptation planning
This course employs a variety of instructional methods including presentations, including tribal case studies; small and large-group discussions and activities; and a field trip. Participants will complete a pre-course assignment prior to attending.
Event feeThere are no registration fees for this course. Please see course registration form for information about participant travel costs that ITEP will cover.
Target audienceThis course is intended for tribal environmental and natural resource professionals working for federally recognized tribes.
How to register
Registration is now open for the August course. Please register online.
- Climate Change, Environment & Ecosystems, Risk Identification & Assessment, Vulnerable Populations
- United States of America