- Meeting or Conference
- Aarhus University; Partnership for European Environmental Research (PEER)
- 03-04 Oct 2013
- Denmark (Aarhus)
- Aarhus University
Aarhus University and the Partnership for European Environmental Research (PEER) invite researchers to Aarhus University on the October 3-4, 2013 in order to take stock of and assess the scientific progress towards tackling the grand environmental challenges, as specified in the Horizon 2020 challenge: Climate action, resource efficiency and raw materials
The main purpose of the conference is to identify knowledge gaps and future research needs within this challenge in Horizon 2020, and to deliver the collected advice of the conference to the European Commission.
Conference sessions include:
- Identifying key challenges to developing climate adaptation strategies in Europe
- A BASE project analysis of EU member state climate change adaptation strategies: Comparing approaches and drawing lessons
- Integrating top-down and bottom-up perspectives in adaptation assessment
- Energy policy, food, and climate change: A numerical simulation approach
- Impact assessment for sustainable development: A vision for future development
- A BASE-analysis of adaptation in coastal areas: What can EU policies do?
- How will the EU climate adaptation strategy affect EU agricultural policies?
- Including the human factor in adaptative actions to face climate change
- Urban adaptation to climate change and differing capacities of cities to adapt
- Climate change and water: Identification of the research needs in Europe
- Socio-economic and cultural contingencies in the planning, implementation and transfer of climate adaptation action
- Climate action: The need for useful climate change communication
Event feeParticipant: DKK 3.150 (EUR 420), Student: DKK 1.500 (EUR 200)
How to register
Please register online.
- Climate Change, Environment & Ecosystems, Governance, Social Impacts & Social Resilience, Food Security & Agriculture