- Meeting or Conference
- A.M. Best; Microfinance Club of New York (MFCNY); Microinsurance Innovation Facility
- 09 Jul 2013
- United States of America (New York City, New York)
- 6:30 – 8:30 PM EDT, Paul Calello Auditorium (2B), Credit Suisse, 11 Madison Avenue
In the past five years, the ILO’s Microinsurance Innovation Facility has made significant progress in supporting microinsurance development and learning critical lessons on how to build quality microinsurance at scale. As part of its 5th anniversary celebration, the facility is organizing a panel discussion on "Delivering on the promise of microinsurance: Putting clients first” that will be webcasted.
Despite massive growth of microinsurance coverage, millions of poor households lack access to good value products. What can we learn from the pioneers about their struggle to offer quality products in a viable way? What product types and designs provide the best value for the poor? How does client-orientation contribute to the insurer’s bottom line?
This webinar will focus on the performance of microinsurance providers from India, South Africa, Kenya and Peru, and examined drivers of profitability as well as strategies that contributed to providing value for customers.
How to register
Register online for in-person participation.
Register online from 6:30 - 7:45 pm EDT for online participation.
- Insurance & Risk Transfer, Vulnerable Populations
- India, Kenya, Peru, South Africa, United States of America