- Meeting or Conference
- National Committee on Coastal and Ocean Engineering, Engineers Australia (NCCOE)
- 02 Oct 2013
- Australia (Perth, WA)
- Engineers Australia, WA Division, 712 Murray Street
A one day workshop with practical advice on adaptation to climate change and uncertainty for coastal development. The workshop will explore threats to a particular coastline of interest, explore relevant state coastal policies and complete a group exercise exploring adaptation solutions to a relevant threatened coastal region subject to sea level rise and increased wave attack.
The guidelines: Three documents by Engineers Australia with comprehensive and practical advice on how we can respond to threats from climate change and more general environmental advice for coastal development.
- Volume 1: brief summary, group exercise exploring threats to a particular coastline of interest.
- Volume 2: brief summary, group exercise exploring relevant state coastal policies.
- Volume 3: breif summary, group exercise exploring adaptation solutions to a relevant threatened coastal region subject to sea level rise and increased wave attack.
Event feeMembers cost: $170, Non-members cost: $190
Target audiencePlanners, managers, engineers, consultants, contractors - anyone involved in decision making, designing, building or maintaining structures, infrastructure, residential, commercial or leisure facilities in the coastal zone. It will be particularly relevant to local and state government authorities and their consultants.
- Climate Change, Governance