- Meeting or Conference
- Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3); University of the Basque Country, the
- 08-10 Jul 2013
- Spain (Palacio Miramar, San Sebastian )
This year the 2013 summer school, entitled “Addressing climate change challenges from a multidisciplinary perspective”, will be structured similarly to Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Change (IPCC) assessment reports. For this purpose, we have invited researchers that can help us to better understand the biophysical part behind the economics of climate change. The course will have three main sessions/days, each of them focusing on one of the subjects of the IPCC Working Groups: climate science; adaptation and impacts; and mitigation of climate change. An IPCC-member scientist will be a keynote lecturer for each session. After that, top leading invited speakers will cover in more detail the main key issues in the climate change research agenda.
The topics that will be covered this year are:
- artic sea ice dynamics
- ocean circulation models and their implications for state-shift events
- sea level rise projections and implications
- impacts of climate change on water, food and health
- mitigation options: technologies and cost
- climate policies at global level
- economic instruments
Target audienceThe school is open to Master students, PhD students, postdoctoral fellows and other researchers as well as policy makers interested in acquiring a deep understanding of climate change and the policies designed to fight it.
PhD students and postdoctoral participants will have the opportunity to present their work in a specific poster session and get feedback from the faculty.
How to register
To register, please email the completed registration form to the coordinator.
- Climate Change, Health & Health Facilities, Governance, Economics of DRR, Water, Food Security & Agriculture