- Meeting or Conference
- Canadian Risks and Hazards Network (CRHNet); Saskatchewan Ministry of Government Relations, Public Safety Division; University of Regina, Research Department)
- 05-08 Nov 2013
- Canada (Regina, Sasketchewan)
- Radisson Plaza Hotel Saskatchewan
The 10th annual CRHNet Symposium examines vulnerabilities when cross-sectoral dependencies are aggravated by factors such as aging infrastructure, climate change and rapidly shifting social landscapes. The focus will be on dependencies that can be mitigated in domains such as policy development, community resilience programs as well as in the fields of emergency management and response. The symposium will offer progressive and innovative solutions for practitioners before, during and after an emergency.
General sessions will reflect risk and hazard themes in:
- Health sciences or services: includes the psychosocial dimensions of mitigation, emergency management, and pandemic management
- Natural sciences: includes risk assessment and risk modeling methods, and risk mitigation strategies
- Social sciences and services: includes government and governance, strategic and land-use planning, public participation, psychosocial considerations, and community resiliency strategies.
- Industry and commerce: includes industrial resilience, enterprise risk management, risk and insurance management, business continuity and security.
- Climate Change, Community-based DRR, Risk Identification & Assessment, Disaster Risk Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience