- Meeting or Conference
- Business Continuity Institute Australasian Chapter (BCI); Continuity Forum Pty Ltd
- 04-06 Jun 2013
- Australia (New South Wales)
- Luna Park, Sydney
- Presentations from over 20 speakers from diverse backgrounds and organisations in the public and private sector.
- Programme designed and delivered by subject matter experts.
- Four key themes addressed: business continuity management lifecycle; business continuity management in action; business continuity management in public sector; and thought leadership.
- Excellent opportunity for delegates to network and share their ideas with experts, practitioners and other interested parties in business continuity, crisis management, crisis communications, emergency response, organisational resilience, IT disaster management, risk management and security.
- Attend workshops covering business impact analysis or crisis management exercise.
Business impact analysis workshop
Undertaking the business impact analysis (including resource dependency) in an organisation can seem a daunting activity. There seems to be a very wide range of data to capture and everyone has an opinion as to the best way to pursue the information. The subsequent challenge is how to interpret the collected information to identify time critical functions and the order in which they must be restored.
This workshop will provide a two stage process for undertaking and sanity checking the BIA information and then expand your understanding of Resource Dependency by introducing the concept of Survival profiling and how to determine resource RTO via resource relationships mapping.
Successful scenario exercising workshop
Scenario and simulation exercises are the most effective activity to support preparedness and encourage resilience in organisations. A successful exercise will promote understanding, build confidence and develop trust. But what are the ingredients to ensure success, and what are the pitfalls that must be avoided to ensure a positive exercise outcome?
This is an interactive workshop delivered by a highly experienced exercise facilitator. It provides delegates with a practical approach for planning and delivering a successful exercise, and includes demonstration exercises where delegates can participate and obtain first-hand experience.
If you are preparing for your first scenario exercise or wish to refine your current methods, this active and entertaining workshop will provide insights to help you deliver realistic and beneficial exercises.
Event feeNon-members: summit - $3600, one workshop - $2050, summit and one workshop - $4520; Members: summit - $2650, one workshop - $1500, summit and one workshop - $3320
How to register
Please register online.
- Private Sector, Disaster Risk Management, Social Impacts & Social Resilience
- Asia, Oceania